In 2013, my husband and I adopted a little girl from China. This journey and our child inspired us to do more to contribute to the plight of orphans worldwide. With our love for baking and the help of our daughters Eliza and Eleanor, we founded OrphanAid, Inc. OrphanAid is a non-profit 501(c) (3) corporation whose focus is the support of orphans and the charities that assist them. Bake’ In Time is a bakery that sells cheese straws, cookies and cakes and is the primary funding source for OrphanAid. All gross profit sales from Bake’In Time fund OrphanAid’s ability to financially support orphans.
- In the first year of operation, we were able to donate enough money to allow for the building of teacher housing at Heart for Africa. Heart for Africa is an orphan-based nonprofit that works alongside churches in Eswatini (Swaziland), Africa to deliver quality care, shelter, food, water, clothing, health care, and education to the orphaned children of Eswatini (Swaziland), Africa
- In subsequent years, we have been able to provide for a special needs home built at Heart for Africa, provide funding for a non-profit in Columbus, Georgia that allowed for providing for children in displaced families and most recently providing the operating funding for a full year for a school of blind and deaf orphans in Uganda through UnAdopted, a non-profit that provides for orphaned children around the world.
- Last month, we opened our fully dedicated baking operation in Columbus, Georgia to allow for an increased impact in the coming months and years.
- We continue to focus on our direct-to-consumer model in Bake’In Time while also expanding to a greater retail presence and corporate and personal gifting of our products.
- We also appreciate any direct contributions that are tax deductible due to our 501(c) (3) status that allow us to broaden our impact in supporting orphan care.